Perfection has experience with over 150 brands of encoders, pulse coders, pulse generators, resolvers and tachometers. We can offer complete electrical and mechanical repair on your encoders and all repairs are fully tested and backed with a one year operational warranty.
- Servo encoder is logged in and the correct manufacturer and model number are recorded.
- External condition is examined (connector, housing, cable, shaft, and shaft rotation).
- Internal condition is examined (contamination, corrosion, disk, missing components).
- Encoder is hooked up and checked compared to manufactured specifications (output symmetry, output phasing, signal amplitude, index pulse, index gating, current draw, encoder count, high speed repeatability, and encoder accuracy).
- Once problems have been detected, the necessary parts are sourced in order to complete the repair.
- Customer is quoted, and upon customer approval, parts are ordered for the repair.
- Encoder is fully disassembled, external and internal cleaning is performed, unit is reassembled, and circuitry is repaired.
- During repair, a PWM8 Diagnostic System and Oscilloscope are used to keep track of outputs during output adjustment, signal calibration, and optical alignment. A DDM is used to monitor frequency and draw.
- Once the encoder has achieved O.E.M. specifications, it is tightened down with an industrial strength, vibration resistant epoxy.
- Encoder is run for 24-hours under a load, and the PWM8 Diagnostic tests are repeated.
- When all conditions are satisfactory, the Senior Technician performs a final inspection.
- Finally, we generate a service report that details our findings, so you have a better understanding of why the encoder failed initially.
Some of the popular lines we handle include: Print Friendly PDF
If you don't see your brand listed, don't hesitate to call or Contact Us.