Servo Motors/Electric Motors
Perfection Servo is focused on being recognized as the premier repair center for Servo Motors and AC/DC Electric Motors. We have assembled a staff of experienced technicians who can service the most complex motors being used by today’s manufacturers. Every motor that leaves our facility is fully tested and looks as if it was purchased new.
Here is a brief summary of our repair process:
- Every encoder is checked for alignment and we make sure we are receiving the proper signals.
- All motors are run-in so we can monitor noise, balance, and response.
- All motors are disassembled to check: bearing fits, bearing housing fits, worn shafts, corrosion, and damaged flanges.
- All windings are thoroughly washed and baked. Once dry, the windings and insulation are surge tested to determine if they will be able to withstand the appropriate service loads put on them.
- Every DC motor armature receives a bar to bar test on the commutator to reveal any shorts in the windings.
- The encoders are checked again to ensure proper signaling.
- The motor is then quoted.
- Upon approval, any damaged component is re-manufactured, all bearings/seals are replaced, and if necessary encoders are repaired and stators are rewound.
- Every motor is dynamically tested to ensure a successful repair was conducted.
- Finally, we generate a service report that details our findings, so you have a better understanding of why the motor failed initially.
Typical turnaround on a normal servo motor repair is 7-12 days, and the turnaround for it's rush repair is 1-3 days.
Service Report Example: Report PDF
Some of the popular lines we handle include: Print Friendly PDF
If you don't see your brand listed, don't hesitate to call or Contact Us.